My Pregnancy Experience

Nur Muhammad Anak Yang Soleh

I think I am having a writer's block today... heeee.. But I will still proceed with my writing :) So what should we talk today?

Hmmmm.. I'm thinking of writing about pregnancy experience. Yes, being at this age, most of my friends are already waiting for their second or third or even fourth babies. As for me, I am still trying for my second... I guess :) I leave it to Allah. Allah knows best.

My child, I think most of you know that I have a son. He is already 4 years and 2 months old today to be almost exact :) So many experiences I have shared here about him. Now let us go back to nearly 5 years ago, before I got pregnant and when I got to know that I was pregnant.

It is a norm that every married couple would be expecting soon after their marriage. Same goes to me and my husband. Although we did not wait too long (only a month plus after the wedding), we were still worried. Alhamdulillah and I do understand the concern for other couples that are still trying and waiting. May Allah ease their journey. 

I think all mother-to-be have their instinct that they are pregnant. Same goes to me. I got my period a week or two after my wedding. While waiting for the second cycle, I noticed something was very wrong with me. The most obvious one was my emotion. I easily got angry and it was not just a normal temper, but it was a very extreme anger for even a small things. I am glad that my husband is a very patient man, Alhamdulillah.

I also started to feel pain around my body, so I decided to buy the pregnancy test kit. Yes, the result was positive and I couldn't describe how happy I was. I waited for my husband to come back from work before I broke the news to him. He was happy and we were so grateful. 

In the first week or two, I was still 'normal'. Heee... I can still eat well. But one day, I started to feel nauseous (I forgotten how many weeks but it was lunch time at the office but I couldn't eat). I also easily felt tired and couldn't walk so much like before I was pregnant.

Later came the next best friend which is the morning sickness symptoms. It was not just in the morning. It was all the time. I hate feeling nausea and I didn't want to release it by vomitting, so I tried to hold it back. It was very difficult when you are fighting with the nausea and tried to hold it. Eventually I have to release it. I was also having diarrhea almost all the time. Everytime I ate, almost immediately, I have to run to the toilet.

At the same time, I was stressed in the office. I decided to resign. Still remember, it was end of July 2009. I resigned after nearly four years working there. My pregnancy symptoms gotten worst in August. I got high fever and need to bed rest. Luckily I was not working. But I did went to few interviews. Imagine, I was walking for quite a distance to attend the interviews under the sun and tried to fight with the symptoms. Finally I got a job at one of the corporate event company.

I started there in September 2009. It was nearly Ramadhan. For your info, I didn't fast for the whole month of Ramadhan because I cannot have an empty stomach. Being shy with my new colleagues, I always have Mentos with me to cover my hunger. At the same time, I was always have stomach ache while driving to work almost every morning. Imagine that you just went out from home, stuck in a traffic, suddenly you felt the rush to go to the toilet.. fushhh.. It was not easy. When I reached office, quickly I went up to go to the toilet. 

Then I was hospitalized because of food poisoning. I remembered it was week 17. During that time, there were also many cases of H1N1. Alhamdulillah, mine was just food poisoning and it didn't affected my baby. Before admitted, I was hungry and waited for my husband to buy food. Due to the need to stayback and bad traffic, he reached home late and was greeted by me with vomitting. On that very same day, In the afternoon, I ate chinese fried rice at one of the restaurant near my office. It was the first and the last. 

Around four months of pregnancy, my morning symptoms eased. Once in a while, I got the headache especially when driving home after office. Not sure the real reason, I guess it was because I have a low blood pressure. I only took the medicine provided by the Klinik Kesihatan which was Obimin. It works good for me because after that my HB was stable.

So many things happened during my pregnancy period. There's one time, I was driving to my student's house (I taught home tuition after work), my car broke down in the middle of bad traffic. Feeling embarrassed, I didn't go out and open the front bonnet. I just waited for the mechanic to arrive which was hours after that.  It was a bitter sweet memories. When I looked back, I smiled. It was beautiful and you will not know how strong you are until you have to go through it.

We have not reached the peak of the story yet. When I was in my 38 weeks, I already have the hint that I would deliver around that week. When I was in the last weeks of my pregnancy, I couldn't really sleep well because the baby was very active at night. So the final night, I didn't experienced any back ache but only discomfort at my thigh. A day before that, I was bleeding. But the doctor said nothing. Checked with my doctor friend, she said better go to the general hospital for further check up. That early morning, around 5am, my water broke. Wow, I can't never hold it. My husband rushed me to UMRA. It was 2cm opened.

From 6am till 12.07pm, on 13th of March 2010 I fought to deliver Nur Muhammad. 6 hours not so bad compared to others who has experienced more than 24 hours to deliver their little ones. Alhamdulillah, that is the only word to describe my feelings :)






Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar